Some thoughts on your new classic car for 2019:
- Due diligence : some classics appreciate while others stagnate. Check the market value history e.g. http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/index.html.
- Is the vehicle to be your daily driver or weekend pride and joy ?
- Luxury cars, sports cars and unusual vehicles have less risk but as with all investments, there are no guarantees.
- The production volume is an indicator of spares’ availability and rate of value appreciation.
- Review the vehicle history eg https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status for advisories and failures.
- Avoid the car with the need for extensive repairs and restoration: will you complete? Only 30% of restorations are executed
- Focus your search with a wish list and budget: saves time and makes the hunt more efficient.
Make 2019 the year of the new classic in your collection.